PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, 7e presents the basic principles and tools associated with quality and performance excellence through cutting-edge coverage that includes the latest thinking and practices from the field. This proven text has three primary objectives: familiarize students with the basic principles and methods, show how these principles and methods have been put into effect in a variety of organizations, and illustrate the relationship between basic principles and the popular theories and models studied in management courses. Extremely flexible and student friendly, the text is organized according to traditional management topics, helping students quickly see the connections between quality principles and management theories. Excellent case studies give students practical experience working with real-world issues. Many cases focus on large and small companies in manufacturing and service industries in North and South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Table of Contents
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE.
1. Introduction to Quality and Performance Excellence.
2. Frameworks for Quality and Performance Excellence.
3. Tools and Techniques for Quality Design and Control.
4. Tools and Techniques for Quality Improvement.
Part II: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, STRATEGY, AND ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY.
5. Competitive Advantage and Strategic Management for Performance Excellence.
6. Quality in Customer-Supplier Relationships.
7. Designing Organizations for Performance Excellence.
Part III: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE AND ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR.
8. Quality Teamwork.
9. Engagement, Empowerment, and Motivation.
Part IV: LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE.
10. Leadership for Performance Excellence.
11. Performance Excellence and Organizational Change.