A uniquely concise book for surveys of the Bible, FROM ADAM TO ARMAGEDDON, 5th Edition offers a clear and readily accessible introduction to the Bible. Reflective of the typical mainstream methods and analyses of contemporary academic religious studies, this book offers your students an even-handed look at both the grand gestures and key nuances of the Bible's text and history, encouraging them to develop their own critical appreciations of the book.
Table of Contents
1. Preparing for the Study.
2. "In the Beginning�"
3. Shaping the Future: Becoming a Nation.
4. The Prophets.
5. From National to World Religion.
6. The Late Hebrew Bible Period.
Interlude: The Apocrypha.
7. Christianity: A Sect Within Judaism.
8. The Synoptic Gospels: Stories About Jesus.
9. The Letters of Paul.
10. Other Letters and a Sermon.
11. In the Name of John.