In the constantly changing field of health care, HEALTH ECONOMICS, Fifth Edition, delivers coverage that is current, comprehensive, and complete--equipping your students with a solid understanding of the costs and benefits associated with various health care choices. Thoroughly revised, the new Fifth Edition addresses the many changes in both the public and private sectors as it equips students with a very practical knowledge of today's health care systems. The authors bring a fresh, contemporary approach to the content, introducing real-world applications that make economic theory very approachable. With a lively and inviting writing style, the text presents topics in an easy-to-understand format. Its use of only the core foundations of economic theory makes it ideal for majors and non-majors alike. In addition, tools like InfoTrac® and Economic Applications maximize student learning and course success! InfoTrac® College Edition's online university library offers easy access to more than 5,000 academic and popular magazines, newspapers, and journals, while Economic Applications delivers online access to powerful study guides and review materials.
Table of Contents
2. Health and Medical Care: An Economic Perspective.
3. Cost and Benefit Analysis.
4. Health Care Systems and Institutions.
5. The Demand for Medical Services.
6. The Demand for Medical Insurance: Traditional and Managed Care Coverage.
7. Medical Care Production and Costs.
8. Structure, Conduct, Performance, and Market Analysis.
9. Government, Health, and Medical Care.
10. Government as Health Insurer.
11. The Private Health Insurance Industry.
12. The Physician Services Industry.
13. The Hospital Services Industry.
14. The Pharmaceutical Industry.
15. The Long-Term Care Industry.
16. Health Care Reform.