Criminal Law, 2nd Edition
- Judy Hails Kaci California State University, Long Beach
- ISBN-10: 1928916120 | ISBN-13: 9781928916123
- 544 Pages
- © 2001 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $138.00
Criminal law instructors have had a never-ending debate over what to teach first. Evolved from the old Smith's Review, Kaci's approach leads the student to an understanding of the sources of law and basic legal principles prior to delving into the complexities of American criminal law. This succinct book provides the required background and foundation to understand criminal law within the reader's scope of comprehension. The reader progresses quickly from topic to topic with pertinent briefed cases and ample federal and state statutes cementing the application and interpretation found in modern law.
2. Capacity to Commit Crimes.
3. Elements of Criminal Responsibility.
4. Criminal Homicide.
5. Assault, Battery, and Related Crimes.
6. Robbery, Extortion, and Crimes Related to Kidnapping.
7. Sex Crimes.
8. Burglary, Arson, and Related Crimes.
9. Crimes Against Property.
10. Gambling, Drugs, and Commercial Sex.
11. Other Crimes.
12. Preparatory Crimes.
13. Defenses that Negate Criminal Intent.
14. Justification for the Use of Force.