National Park Service Law Enforcement, 2nd Edition
- Luke Lukas Vermilion Community College
- ISBN-10: 0942728939 | ISBN-13: 9780942728934
- 240 Pages
- © 1999 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $65.25
This text presents the theory and practice of law enforcement in the backcountry of the National Park System of the United States. The principles outlined in this text can be applied to wilderness areas within the National Forests and areas under the control of the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. NATIONAL PARK SERVICE LAW ENFORCEMENT covers such issues as drug manufacturing, archaeological theft, off-road vehicle use, criminal violations, and violations by unknowing violators. The text also familiarizes the reader with the basics of Constitutional law, criminal law, natural resource law, and the U.S. Code of Federal Statutes and regulations as they apply to this topic.
1. Introduction to the National Park Service.
2. Laws and the National Park Service.
3. Gaining Compliance in the Backcountry.
4. Natural Resource Laws.
5. Arrest and Detention in the Backcountry.
6. Courtroom Testimony.
7. Ranger Ethics and Reliability.
8. Poaching in the National Parks.
9. Off-Road Vehicle Violations.
10. Archaeological Resource Protection.
11. Serious Crime Violations.
12. Illegal Drugs and Our National Parks.
13. Ranger Protection.
14. A Day in the Life of a National Park Service Ranger.
15. Looking Forward.