Practical Criminal Investigation, 5th Edition
- Manuel S. Pena undefined
- ISBN-10: 1928916112 | ISBN-13: 9781928916116
- 448 Pages
- © 2000 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $138.00
Author Manuel S. Peña is a veteran investigator and college instructor whose experience is invaluable in relating important concepts. This new edition includes the latest information from investigative ethics, hostage negotiation, surveillance, and the use of technology. From basic to complex crimes, nothing is overlooked. The many fascinating current photographs, charts, and tables enhance interest and understanding. In addition, innovative technological advances are appropriately discussed for student comprehension.
1. Fundamentals of Investigation.
2. Characteristics of Investigators.
3. Notes and Reports.
5. The Crime Scene.
6. The Criminalistics Laboratory.
7. Use of Police Records.
8. Sources of Information.
9. Surveillance and Undercover Investigation.
10. Interrogation and Principles.
11. Written Statements and Confessions.
12. Investigative Guidelines for Selected Crimes and Scenes.
13. Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
14. Terrorism, Bombings and Hostage Incidents.
15. Case Preparation.
16. Court Demeanor and Testimony.
17. Innovations in Investigative Technology.