Web Server Administration offers a comprehensive overview of the tools and techniques needed to succeed as a Web Server Administrator as well as the tasks they are expected to perform. This text provides and introduction to the basics of this job role, covers server installation, and then moves on to the installation, configuration, and administration of Web servers. This text covers all topics for both Linux and a Microsoft Windows server environments. Work with Microsoft Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache Web server, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, sendmail, and more.
Table of Contents
1. The Basics of Server and Web Server Administration.
2. Preparing for Server Installation.
3. Installing the Server.
4. Name Resolution.
5. Managing a Server.
6. Configuring a Web Server
7. Installing and Testing a Programming Environment.
8. Providing E-Mail Services.
9. Extending the Web Environment.
10. Securing the Web Environment.
11. Monitoring and Analyzing the Web Environment.