Legal Aspects of Corrections, 1st Edition
- Harvey Wallace California State University, Fresno
- Cliff Roberson Washburn University
- ISBN-10: 0942728920 | ISBN-13: 9780942728927
- © 2000 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $138.00
This book provides students with an easy-to-understand overview of the legal aspects of corrections. This book includes significant case decisions designed to enlighten the reader as to the legal environment that is imposed upon prison and prisoner alike. A portion of the book is devoted to the discussion of prisoners' rights and the mechanics of litigating civil liability issues. Correctional law is constantly evolving; therefore, all key current legal issues are discussed in this text. Absent is dry legalese associated with most texts of this nature. Chapters include an introduction, summary, and discussion questions.
1. The Correctional Process.
2. The Court System.
3. Sentencing and Plea Bargaining.
4. Freedom of Association.
5. Exercises on Religious Beliefs.
7. Search and Seizure.
8. The Eighth Amendment: Cruel and Unusual Punishment.
9. The Fourth Amendment: Use of Force.
10. Civil Actions.
11. Civil Liability Defenses.