With the direct, accessible, and pragmatic approach of Fowles and Cassiday's ANALYTICAL MECHANICS, Seventh Edition, thoroughly revised for clarity and concision, students will grasp challenging concepts in introductory mechanics. A complete exposition of the fundamentals of classical mechanics, this proven and enduring introductory text is a standard for the undergraduate Mechanics course. Numerical worked examples increased students' problem-solving skills, while textual discussions aid in student understanding of theoretical material through the use of specific cases.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamental Concepts: Vectors.
2. Newtonian Mechanics: Rectilinear Motion of a Particle.
4. General Motion of a Particle in Three Dimensions.
5. Noninertial Reference Systems.
6. Gravitation and Central Forces.
7. Dynamics of Systems of Particles.
8. Mechanics of Rigid Bodies: Planar Motion.
9. Motion of Rigid Bodies in Three Dimensions.
10. Lagrangian Mechanics.
11. Dynamics of Oscillating Systems.
Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Problems.