Ensure your students' success on the NCLEX-RN® exam with Cengage Learning's COMPLETE REVIEW FOR NCLEX-RN® , Second Edition. After completing a recognized nursing curriculum and meeting state requirements, your students are ready to tackle the National Council of State Boards of Nursing NCLEX-RN® exam, and this review covers it all. The stimulating, full-color text offers more than 1600 practice questions with answers in multiple formats, with 67 chapters of review content. Test questions are coded to reflect the recommended test-taking plan and strategies, while answers include rationales for both correct and incorrect assumptions. Endorsed by the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA), COMPLETE REVIEW FOR NCLEX-RN®, Second Edition emphasizes delegation, prioritization, and critical thinking methods that prepare students for the exam's rigor and also builds their confidence. COMPLETE REVIEW FOR NCLEX-RN®, Second Edition is the one-stop NCLEX-RN® exam preparation tool recognized by successful registered nurses today.
Table of Contents
Preparing for the NCLEX® Examination.
UNIT I: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING.
1. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders.
2. Respiratory Disorders.
3. Cardiovascular Disorders.
4. Gastrointestinal Disorders.
5. Endocrine Disorders.
6. Neurological Disorders.
7. Integumentary Disorders.
8. Musculoskeletal Disorders.
9. Genitourinary Disorders.
10. Oncology Disorders.
11. Hematalogical Disorders.
12. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders.
13. Perioperative Nursing.
UNIT II: PHARMACOLOGIC NURSING.
14. Medication Therapy.
15. Measurement and Drug Calculations.
16. Drugs for Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders.
17. Drugs for the Respiratory System.
18. Drugs for the Cardiovascular System.
19. Drugs for the Gastrointestinal System.
20. Drugs for the Endocrine System.
21. Drugs for the Neurological System.
22. Drugs for the Integumentary System.
23. Drugs for the Musculoskeletal System.
24. Drugs for the Genitourinary System.
25. Drugs for the Reproductive System.
26. Antineoplastic Drugs.
27. Psychotropic Drugs.
Unit III: PEDIATRIC NURSING.
28. Growth and Development.
29. Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Disorders.
30. Respiratory Disorders.
31. Cardiovascular Disorders.
32. Gastrointestinal Disorders.
33. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders.
34. Neurological Disorders.
35. Integumentary Disorders.
36. Musculoskeletal Disorders.
37. Genitourinary Disorders.
38. Oncology Disorders.
39. Hematological Disorders.
40. Infectious and Communicable Disorders.
UNIT IV: MATERNITY AND WOMEN'S HEALTH NURSING.
41. The Antepartal Period.
42. The Intrapartal Period.
43. The Postpartal Period.
44. Newborn Care.
45. Reproductive Disorders.
UNIT V: PSYCHIATRIC NURSING.
46. Anxiety Disorders.
47. Somatoform Disorders.
48. Dissociative Disorders.
49. Personality Disorders.
50. Mood Disorders.
51. Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders.
52. Paranoid Disorders.
53. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders.
54. Substance Abuse.
55. Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders.
56. Eating Disorders.
UNIT VI: GERONTOLOGIC NURSING.
57. Health Issues of the Older Adult.
58. Delirium and Dementia.
UNIT VII: COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING.
59. Case Management.
60. Long-Term Care.
61. Home Health Care.
Unit VIII: LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES.
63. Cultural Diversity.
64. Leadership and Management.
65. Ethical Issues.
66. Legal Issues for Older Adults.