Hoffman and Bateson's SERVICES MARKETING: CONCEPTS, STRATEGIES, AND CASES examines the use of services marketing as a competitive tool from a uniquely broad perspective. The text explores services marketing not only as an essential focus for service firms, but also as a source of competitive advantage for companies that market tangible products. As a result, real-world examples throughout the text feature a wide array of businesses representing a variety of industries both within and beyond the nine service economy supersectors: education and health services, financial activities, government, information, leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, transportation and utilities, wholesale and retail trade, and "other services." The Fourth Edition of this proven text draws on cutting-edge data to cover important current issues such as business-to-business services, technology, and the global market, giving students valuable insights and skills to help them succeed in today's business environment. The text also maintains its popular, reader-friendly style and the streamlined structure that makes it perfect for courses of all types within both semester and quarter schedules.
Table of Contents
Part I: AN OVERVIEW OF SERVICES MARKETING.
1. An Introduction to Services.
2. The Service Sector: Supersectors and Ethical Considerations.
3. Fundamental Differences between Goods and Services.
4. Services Consumer Behavior.
Part II: SERVICE STRATEGY: MANAGING THE SERVICE EXPERIENCE.
5. The Service Delivery Process.
6. The Pricing of Services.
7. Developing the Service Communication Strategy.
8. Managing the Firm’s Physical Evidence.
9. People as Strategy: Managing Service Employees.
10. People as Strategy: Managing Service Consumers.
Part III: ASSESSING AND IMPROVING SERVICE DELIVERY.
11. Defining and Measuring Customer Satisfaction.
12. Defining and Measuring Service Quality.
13. Complaint & Service Recovery Management.
14. Customer Loyalty & Retention.
15. Putting the Pieces together: Creating a World Class Service Culture.