Practical and easy to understand, the second edition of ACCESS: INTRODUCTION TO TRAVEL AND TOURISM is designed to prepare students for a successful career in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry. A 2005 winner of the Distinguished Achievement award from Association of Educational Publishers', this edition has been updated to include new content and expanded topics in order to ensure that students understand all facets of the travel business. With updated coverage of technology, new profiles of industry leaders,additional activities, refined graphics and full-color photos, this concise text provides students with a wealth of practical information designed to help them refine their research skills, respond to real-world scenarios, identify key concepts, and remember critical information. Plus, accompanying instructor resources available both online and on CD make it easy for instructors to implement the text's content in the classroom.
Table of Contents
1. Going Places: An Overview of the Travel Industry.
2. Ribbons in the Sky: The Air Transportation Industry.
3. Taking to the Skies: Airports, Airfares, and Air Tickets.
4. Homes Away from Home: The Hospitality Industry.
5. Dealing with Dreams: The Travel Agency Industry.
6. Better by the Bunch: The Tour Industry Today.
7. Magic at Sea: The Cruise Industry.
8. Extra Specials: Other Segments of the Travel Industry.
9. Here, There, Almost Anywhere: The Geography of Travel.
10. Making Connections: How to Market, Sell to, and Serve the Traveling Public.
11. Techno-Travel: How Technology Has Changed Everything
12. This and That.