PROGRAMMING CONTROLLOGIX PROGRAMMABLE AUTOMATION CONTROLLERS covers ControlLogix Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and their programming and integration. The book's strength is its breadth and depth of coverage, taking the reader from an overview of the PLC through ladder logic, structured text, sequential function chart, and function block programming. PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS WITH CONTROLLOGIX also covers industrial sensors, PLC modules and wiring, as well as motion control using ControlLogix through two-axis coordinated motion (linear and circular) is also covered. To aid in learning, the book features a DVD with Camtasia learning videos and explanations of setup of RSLinx, project development, tag creation, configuration, instructions and much more. Appendixes cover configuring remote I/O, producer/consumer communication, messaging, and motion configuration and programming. Students learn more and more easily because of the breadth of practical coverage, numerous examples and extensive exercises.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Control Technology.
2. Project Organization and Addressing.
3. Ladder Logic Programming.
4. Timers and Counters.
5. ControlLogix Modules and their Wiring.
6. Industrial Sensors.
7. Math Instructions.
8. Special Instructions.
9. Structured Text Programming.
10. Sequential Function Chart Programming.
11. Function Block Programming.
12. Industrial Communications.
13. ControlLogix Motion Control.
14. Risk Assessment and Safety.
15. Risk Reduction and Safety Devices.
16. Installation and Troubleshooting.
Appendix A – Starting a New Project.
Appendix B – Configuring I/O Modules in a Remote Chassis.
Appendix C – The Use of Producer/Consumer Tags.
Appendix D – ControlLogix Messaging.
Appendix E - Configuring ControlLogix for Motion.