Accessible, practical, and succinct, CAREER COUNSELING AND DEVELOPMENT IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY, 2nd Edition thoroughly prepares students for career counseling in today's marketplace. Maximizing student success, the text supports learning and understanding through its unique "Career Diamond" pedagogical model that helps students synthesize and apply career counseling theories. Cutting-edge case studies demonstrate the use of techniques and the application of theory. The new edition includes updated research, new coverage of the economic crisis, and an all-new Chapter 17 "Professional Issues: Ethics and Research". The text also offers thorough coverage of special populations--such as clients in the welfare-to-work program--and the impact of the global economy. Offering comprehensive coverage in a concise format, this popular text remains extremely student friendly with an emphasis on process.
Table of Contents
1. Context for Career Services.
2. Career Diamond.
4. Career Development Theory: Super, Savickas, Blustein.
5. Social Cognitive Theories: Krumboltz, Gottfredson.
6. Global Economy.
7. Multicultural Career Counseling.
11. Information Services.
12. Career Development for Elementary in Elementary School.
13. Career Development in Middle School.
14. Career Development in High School.
15. Career Development for Emerging Adults.
16. Career Counseling for Adults.
17. Professional Issues: Ethics and Research.