FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E will provide your students with a comprehensive introduction to the floral design industry. Written in a concise, easy-to-follow manner, FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E includes step-by-step instructions, complete with illustrations and material lists for dozens of projects. Projects in this book are built around low-cost materials that help to maintain a budget and suggestions are included on how to incorporate native materials to further reduce costs.
Table of Contents
1. Exploring Careers in the Retail Flower Business.
2. The History of Floral Design.
3. Principles of Design.
4. Selection of Cut Flowers and Greens.
5. Conditioning and Storing Cut flowers and Greens.
6. Mechanics and Supplies Used in Floral Design.
7. Selecting Wire and Wiring Flowers.
8. Selecting Ribbons and Tying Bows.
9. Boutonnieres and Corsages.
10. Bud Vases.
11. Circular Arrangements.
12. Triangular Arrangements.
13. Line Arrangements.
14. Constructing Wreaths.
15. Holiday Arrangements.
16. Wedding Flowers.
17. Sympathy Flowers.
18. Drying Flowers.
19. Arranging Permanent Flowers.
20. Selecting Indoor Plants.
21. Decorating Potted Plants.
22. Pricing Strategies.
23. Selling in the Flower Shop.
26. Professional Organizations.