Cengage Learning Activity Series
From aerobics and yoga — to bowling, tennis, weight training, and more — Wadsworth offers a complete line of activities texts to meet your teaching needs. Written for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds, the Wadsworth Physical Activity Series goes beyond the mere fundamentals, showing students how to improve, excel, and simply get more enjoyment from their favorite physical activities.
RIGHT DOWN YOUR ALLEY: THE COMPLETE BOOK OF BOWLING, 7th Edition, includes everything a bowler, whether beginner or advanced, young or old, needs to know about the game. This text takes students from holding a ball to principles of movement and competitive bowling, and provides strategies to keep improving. RIGHT DOWN YOUR ALLEY: THE COMPLETE BOOK OF BOWLING also covers more advanced topics for those past the novice stage. Throughout the text, students will be introduced to the newest proven techniques, equipment, and teaching and learning concepts that are currently being used effectively by bowlers, coaches, and teachers across the country.
Table of Contents
PART I: BASIC BOWLING.
1. Understanding the Basics.
2. Preparing for Action.
3. Stance, Approach, and Delivery Concepts.
4. Principles of Movement Applied to Bowling.
5. Common Errors and Corrective Actions.
6. 3-1-2 Strike Adjustment System.
7. 3-6-9 Spare Conversion System.
8. Scoring and Rules of Bowling.
9. Preparing for League Bowling.
10. Bowling for Those with Special Needs.
11. The Modern Bowling Environment and Twenty-First Century Technology.
PART II: ADVANCED BOWLING.
12. Alternatives to the Four-Step Approach.
13. Ball Tracks.
14. Lift and Revolutions.
15. 3-4-5 Strike Adjustment System.
16. 2-4-6 Spare Adjustment System.
17. The Advanced Bowler and Technology.
18. Competitive Bowling.
Appendix A: Glossary of Terms.
Appendix B: Bowler’s Analysis Chart.