Brief Treatment in Clinical Social Work Practice, 1st Edition
- Maria D. Corwin Bryn Mawr College
- ISBN-10: 0534367682 | ISBN-13: 9780534367688
- 320 Pages
- © 2002 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $123.75
Author Maria Corwin offers a text that addresses the current concerns that professionals may have regarding shorter treatment programs. As stated in her preface, her goal is to "help students and clinical workers gain a sense of competency and confidence in doing time-limited work."
1. Brief Treatment in Clinical Social Work Practice: Context and Rationale.
2. Brief Treatment Principles and Techniques: Theoretical Foundation.
3. Levels of Intervention: The Engagement and Assessment Process.
4. Levels of Intervention: Case Conceptualization and Treatment Plan.
5. The Intervention Phase.
6. Brief Treatment with Children and Families: Family Service Agencies.
7. Working Briefly with Complex Clinical Problems: Community Mental Health Care.
8. Brief Social Work Practice in Health Care.
9. Brief Treatment in Health Maintenance Organizations and Employee Assistance Programs.
"A very excellent text on brief and short term therapies that is must reading for all practicing clinical professionals and an excellent text for a course in this area."— Dennis Cogswell, Radford University
"I am very impressed with the material and how well the author understands the current realities of practice. Not very many people have this depth of understanding and the ability to articulate it - and that is what makes this book unique…"— Shirley Clark, Chattanooga State Technical College