Cengage Learning Activity Series
From aerobics and yoga — to bowling, tennis, weight training, and more — Wadsworth offers a complete line of activities texts to meet your teaching needs. Written for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds, the Wadsworth Physical Activity Series goes beyond the mere fundamentals, showing students how to improve, excel, and simply get more enjoyment from their favorite physical activities.
Suitable for players at any level, BEGINNING RAQUETBALL covers the fundamentals of raquetball including equipment, offensive and defensive strokes, serves, playing strategies, drills, court etiquette, and more. Its many photographs and diagrams help students visualize the concepts, and rich pedagogy help them engage with the material, understand the concepts, and reinforce their learning.
Table of Contents
1. Court, Equipment, Safety, and Resources.
2. Preparation for Play.
3. Preliminaries to the Strokes in Racquetball.
4. Offensive Strokes.
5. Defensive Strokes.
6. Serves in Racquetball.
7. Use of the Back Wall and Corner Shots.
8. Putting the Strokes Together: Non-Thinking Strategy.
9. Putting the Strokes Together: Thinking Strategy.
10. Drills for the Player.
11. Court Etiquette and Interpreting the Rules.
Appendix A: Official Rules of Racquetball.