The Unity engine game development tool is a multi-platform engine and editor rolled into one. It is an ideal development tool for independent developers and students, and many pro studios turn to it for fast prototyping. Unity allows developers to create a single game and release it on many platforms including Android, iOS, and the web. This completely updated edition of GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY is a tutorial-style guide that provides a complete overview of the Unity editor along with step-by-step projects covering every basic functional aspect, from asset importing to publishing. Each chapter includes tutorials and small assignments geared toward making a larger game. You will learn the basics of design and level theory and prototyping concepts in the virtual world. You will also learn how to polish and publish your finished game. A companion website features software, sample levels, source code and more. Start learning Unity today with GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY, SECOND EDITION.
Table of Contents
3. Overview of the Unity Engine.
4. Designing Concepts.
5. Environments – Setting the Stage.
9. 2D assets living in a 3D world.
11. Character and State Controller Scripts.
13. Triggers and Environment Interactions.
14. Adversaries and AI.
15. Graphical User Interface (GUI).
16. Lights and Shadows.
17. Particle Systems.
18. Sound and Music.
19. Basic UNITY debugging and Optimization.
20. Making Builds.
21. Building for mobile devices.