Basics of Reasoning, 1st Edition
- Ronald Munson University of Missouri, St. Louis
- David Conway University of Missouri, St. Louis
- ISBN-10: 0534538843 | ISBN-13: 9780534538842
- 120 Pages
- © 2001 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $56.25
Based upon the authors' successful ELEMENTS OF REASONING, this text is an even more concise introduction to the basic elements of argumentative prose and the tools to understand, analyze, criticize and construct arguments. More direct, essential coverage of basics is provided with fewer exercises.
1. Recognizing Arguments.
2. Analyzing Arguments.
3. Evaluating Arguments.
4. Some Valid Argument Forms.
5. More Valid Argument Forms: Categorical Reasoning and Venn Diagrams.
6. Causal Analysis.
7. Argument by Analogy and Models.
9. Vagueness and Ambiguity.
10. Reasonable Belief.
Answers to Selected Exercises.