Job Hunting After 50, 1st Edition
- Carol Silvis
- ISBN-10: 1435459091 | ISBN-13: 9781435459090
- 208 Pages
- © 2012 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $9.75
The good news is that companies do hire mature workers. The bad news is that many baby boomer job seekers do not know how to carry out a modern job search or present themselves to employers in the way that best represents their background. Ineffective resumes, job searches, and interviews can derail anyone's job search, but they can completely shut out the mature job applicant. Job Hunting After 50 will prepare you with a plan of action to carry out an effective job search to get the job you want. It covers self-assessment of skills and qualifications, preparing a resume for today's market, dressing with style, using technology to find a job, identifying common mistakes made by job seekers over 50 and how to avoid them, and interviewing skills. Emphasis is placed on updating skills, improving energy level and attitude, and determining where the best jobs are for this age group. Commit the necessary time to finding a job, but work smarter by following the principles in Job Hunting After 50.
Introduction: Is There a Job After 50?
1. What Skills and Qualifications Set You Apart?
2. Resumes and Employment Letters.
3. Using Technology to Find Employment.
5. Attitude, Energy, and Dressing for Success.
6. Mistakes Job Seekers Over 50 Make.
7. Where is the Demand for Over 50 Employees?
8. Create a Success Plan.