Rules of the Game: Lessons from the Field of Community Change, 1st Edition
- Mark S. Homan Retired, Pima Community College
- ISBN-10: 0534358713 | ISBN-13: 9780534358716
- 160 Pages
- © 1999 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $68.25
Concise, empowering, and inspirational, this guidebook offers practical wisdom and 135 guidelines that demystify the community change process. Replete with the wisdom of more than two decades of experience in the field, this text demystifies the community change process by providing nuts-and-bolts rules for success. Mark Homan's outline for community change is invaluable in any setting, from grassroots organizations to governments or community agencies. Writing in a conversational, informal style, Homan leads students through the basic things they need to know about themselves, about others, and about the change process itself. In the process, they will identify skills, attitudes, and choices important to their success as a change agent in the community.
PART I. GETTING STARTED.
1. Guiding Principles for Change Agents.
2. The Essential Eight: An outline for community change.
PART II. THE RULES OF THE GAME.
3. Basic Things to Know. 4. Things to Know About Yourself.
5. Ways to Approach Promoting Change.
6. Things to Know About People.
PART III. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER.
7. The Thirteen Commandments of Change.
APPENDIX. THE RULES OF THE GAME.
"Rules of the Game is a lively, entertaining book full of insights and pearls of wisdom…The writing is clear, concise, and entertaining: students would find the book a joy to read."— Dennis Poole, Central Florida University
"It's great! It is…a practical, well-organized book."— Ann Nichols, Arizona State University