Discover the information most important for today's successful HR professional with the practical HR concepts and proven HR practices highlighted in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition. Recognized authors Robert Mathis and John Jackson have condensed the best from their market-leading HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, 13th Edition, to bring you a concise essentials text that's easy to use and an economical choice. This edition reviews today's most important laws and regulations and addresses the information most often used by human resource professionals. The authors focus on the coverage most important for students preparing for HR certification exams with a solid introduction to HR concepts and practices that are applicable for practicing HR professionals in numerous industries.
Chapter openers place concepts in a strong managerial context, clearly highlighting the importance and impact of the principles students are learning. Timely Internet resources and additional readings offer clear guidelines for those interested in further HR study. Focus on the best in human resource management with HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: ESSENTIAL PERSPECTIVES, 6th Edition.
Table of Contents
1. Human Resource Management's Role and Strategic Nature.
2. Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity.
3. Individuals/HR Planning/Job Analysis.
4. Staffing: Recruiting and Selection.
5. Training and Talent Management.
6. Performance Management and Appraisal.
7. Total Rewards and Compensation.
8. Variable Pay and Benefits.
9. Risk Management and Employee Relations.
10. Union/Management Relations.
APPENDIX A: Internet Resources.
APPENDIX B: Major Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Laws and Regulations.
APPENDIX C: Sample Application Form.
APPENDIX D: Guidelines to Lawful and Unlawful Pre-employment Inquiries.
APPENDIX E: Questions Commonly Asked in Selection Interviews.