Introduction to Statistics: A Calculus-Based Approach, 1st Edition
- Howard B. Christensen
- ISBN-10: 0155459651 | ISBN-13: 9780155459656
- 616 Pages
- © 1992 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $314.25
Written for a one-semester course in mathematical statistics with a calculus prerequisite, this text focuses on the concepts and applications of the theory to appeal to math, statistics, computer science, and engineering majors. Emphasis on evaluating real data illustrates how statistics aids decision making in a variety of disciplines. Unique applied chapter exercise shows students what type of problem can be solved after mastering each chapter. Extensive, consistent pedagogical system makes learning and reviewing concepts as easy as possible.
1. Methods for Describing Data.
2. Introduction to Probability.
3. Random Variables, Probability, Functions, And Distribution Functions.
4. Discrete and Continuous Probability and Models.
5. The Distribution of a Function of Random Variables.
6. Sampling Distributions.
7. Estimating Population Parameters.
8. Testing Hypothesis.
9. Tests of Hypothesis II.
10. Other Applications.