Through reading, writing and discussion, CRITICAL THINKING shows you how to build analytical skills that will empower your learning emphasizing dialogue between writers and readers, and between speakers and audiences, in the thinking and learning process.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Circling the Square.
Part I: CREATING COMMON GROUND.
1. Thinking Critically in College.
2. Reading for Meaning.
3. Understanding Observations, Interpretations, Facts, and Conclusions.
Part II: DEVELOPING REASONING SKILLS.
4. Exploring Perspectives in a Diverse World.
5. Exploring Writers' Perspectives.
6. Exploring the Unspoken: Finding Assumptions.
7. Exploring Errors in Reasoning.
Part III: EXTENDING THINKING SKILLS.
8. Making Decisions and Solving Problems.
9. Reading Research Articles.
10. Evaluating Evidence.