Toward a Social History of Archaeology in the United States, 1st Edition
- Thomas C. Patterson
- ISBN-10: 0155008242 | ISBN-13: 9780155008243
- 191 Pages
- © 1995 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $54.00 List Price = $ 71.95
This case study focuses on the forces influencing archaeological history and the relationship of archaeological intellectual history to anthropology and scholarship in general within the United States.
About the Series.
1. An Introduction.
2. Archaeology in the United States before 1877.
3. The Professionalization of Archaeology, 1877 to 1932.
4. Archaeology and the Corporatist State, 1933 to 1968.
5. The New Archaeology and the Neoliberal Stte, 1969 to 1993.
6. Archaeology and Multiculturalism: Race, Class, and Gender in the Neoliberal State.