Torque for Teens, 2nd Edition
- Michael Duggan North Arkansas College
- ISBN-10: 1435456424 | ISBN-13: 9781435456426
- 275 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2008
- © 2011 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $26.25
TORQUE FOR TEENS, SECOND EDITION teaches beginners the techniques they need to design their very own video games using Garage Games' powerful 3D computer game engine, Torque. Written in simple language, each chapter begins with a basic overview of the topic being covered, followed by step-by-step instructions to help students conquer each new skill presented, and ending with a summary to reinforce what they've learned. Throughout the course of the book students will put their new skills into action with a hands-on project that ends with the creation of a first-person shooter game. Each chapter builds upon the previous until their very own video game is complete. This second edition covers the latest-and-greatest version of the software, including updates and new interfaces.
1. So You Want to Be a Game Designer?
2. Torque 3D: Under the Hood.
3. Creating a Basic Game Outline.
4. Opening Your Garage.
5. This is Your Land: The World Editor.
6. I No Ditz, I Know DTS.
7. This Isn't the Runway: Modeling 101.
8. Getting Gooey: Designing GUIs.
9. The Sound and the Fury.
10. Should I Stay or Should I Goal?
11. Multiplayer Setup.
12. Put Your Game to the Test.
13. Designing Other Games.
14. Get the Word Out: Play This Game!