Part I: INTRODUCING FAMILY ASSESSMENT AND INTERVENTION.
1. Family Contexts.
2. A Framework for Understanding Families.
3. The Family System.
4. Core Tasks of Family Assessment.
5. Setting Goals and Selecting Family Interventions.
Part II: EFFECTIVE FAMILY STRENGTHENING INTERVENTIONS: FAMILIES COPING WITH DIFFICULT LIFE STRESSORS. ?????
6. Standardized Measures.
7. Common Practice Approaches to Family Practice.
8. Families, Life Stressors, and Older Adults.
9. Evidence-Based Interventions for Strong Families.
Part III: THE ROLE OF REFLECTIONS AND DISCLOSURE WRITING SKILLS FOR ENGAGING WITH FAMILIES.
10. Reflective Thinking and Reflective Writing.
11. Getting Connected With Your Own Family Systems.
Part IV: PRACTICING FAMILY ASSESSMENT THROUGH CASE STUDIES.
12. Sharon and Her Family.
13. The Foxx Family: Physical Abuse, Aggression, and Parent/Child Management.
14. The Fernandez Family: Supporting an Older Adult.
15. The Del Sol Family: Marital Conflict and Parenting Concerns.
16. The McCoy Family: Coping with Role Change after a Mother's Death.
17. The Jacques Family: Assessment and Intervention in Intimate Partner Violence.
18. Brief Case Studies: Brittany and Her Family, Melissa and Her Family, Jeanine and Her Family.
Appendix A: Checklist of Ethical Concerns.
Appendix B: Contract for Goals and Service. Or, Sample Assessment and Plan for Service ?? noted in manuscript of final preface, dated 8-11-14?
Appendix C: Assessment Report. Or, “Sample Assessment Reports” as noted in final preface (manuscript)?