Packed with insightful examples, interactive exercises and amusing anecdotes, FROM BACKPACK TO BRIEFCASE: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION delivers a comprehensive how-to guide to help students prepare for--and succeed--in their search for the best internships, residencies, fellowships and jobs. This extremely practical book helps students take the knowledge gained in academic programs and apply it in a truthful and positive way that will jumpstart their career in Health Care Administration. In this information-packed book, students will find a variety of tools to help project and enhance their utmost professional identify in order to secure the best professional positions.
Table of Contents
1. Discovering who you are: How do you explain to an employer who you are if you don't know yourself?
2. You Never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.
3. Finding the Right Place: It's a Big World Out There.
4. It's Not Only WHAT You Know: Networking and Learning More.
5. The Cover Letter: Get the Door Open!
6. The Resume: A Snapshot of Your Life.
7. Getting to the "On Site" Interview: Application is in the mail, Now what?
8. The Interview: Present Your Best Self – and the Finishing Touch.
9. Look out world! Here I come: Accepting the Job and Professional Ethics.
10. Once You're There (Internship and Residency): Make It Count!
11. What it is like to be in the Profession.