Newly expanded and updated, the 3rd Edition of THE ART OF FLORAL DESIGN introduces the full range of floral design techniques, from basic to advanced, with vivid photographs, colorful illustrations, and easy-to-understand descriptions. The book balances theory with practice, covering the history of design, artistic elements, floral anatomy, and nomenclature, as well as techniques, tools, and specialties. Much more than a design book, THE ART OF FLORAL DESIGN, 3rd Edition prepares readers for 21st century careers with industry-specific discussions about distribution channels, marketing, advertising, finance, business practices, and labor issues. Instructors save time with the available PowerPoint® slides, interactive classroom activities, and a full-color image library.
Table of Contents
1. Harvest and Distribution.
2. Flower Retailing.
3. Careers and Continuing Education.
5. Postharvest Physiology.
6. Care and Handling.
7. Design, Style, Harmony, and Unity.
9. Balance, Proportion and Scale.
10. Focal Point and Rhythm.
11. Line, Form, Space and Depth.
12. Texture and Fragrance.
13. Tools, Containers, and the Mechanics of Arrangement.
14. Flower and Foliage Forms.
15. Shapes of Floral Arrangements.
16. Special Occasion and Holidays.
17. Flowers to Wear.
18. Everlasting Designs.
19. A History of Floral Design.
20. Oriental Style of Design.
21. Contemporary Style and Technique.
22. Wedding Flowers.
23. Sympathy Flowers.