This wide-ranging yet focused text provides an informative introduction to consumer behavior supported by in-depth, scientifically grounded coverage of key principles and applications.
CONSUMER BEHAVIOR, Second Edition, devotes ample attention to "classic" consumer behavior topics, including consumer information processing, consumer decision-making, persuasion, social media and the role of culture and society on consumer behavior. In addition, this innovative text explores important current topics and trends relevant to modern consumer behavior, such as international and ethical perspectives, an examination of contemporary media, and a discussion of online tactics and branding strategies. This versatile text strikes an ideal balance among theoretical concepts, cutting-edge research findings, and applied real-world examples that illustrate how successful businesses apply consumer behavior to develop better products and services, market them more effectively, and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. With its strong consumer-focused, strategy-oriented approach, CONSUMER BEHAVIOR, Second Edition, will serve students well in the classroom and help them develop the knowledge and skills to succeed in the dynamic world of modern business.
Table of Contents
PART I: CONSUMER BEHAVIOR AND MARKETING STRATEGY.
1. Understanding Consumer Behavior and Consumer Research.
2. Consumer Focused Strategy: Segmentation and Positioning.
3. Branding Strategy and Consumer Behavior.
PART II: CONSUMER INFORMATION PROCESSING.
4. Consumer Perception.
5. Learning and Memory.
6. Automatic Information Processing.
7. Motivation and Emotion.
8. Attitude and Judgment Formation and Change.
PART III: CONSUMER DECISION MAKING.
9. The Consumer Decision Making Process.
10. Product Consideration, Evaluation, and Choice.
11. Behavioral Decision Theory.
PART IV: CONSUMER SOCIAL INFLUENCES AND CONTEMPORARY STRATEGIES FOR MARKETERS.
12. Self-Concept and Personality.
13. Social Influence and Behavioral Compliance.
14. The Influence of Culture and Values.
15. The Influence of Demography.
16. Contemporary Strategies in Reaching Consumers.
17. Engaging Consumers Through Online Marketing.
PART V: MANAGERIAL DECISION MAKING (ONLINE CHAPTERS).
18. Biases in Managerial Decision Making.
19. Strategies for Improving Managerial Decision Making.