Aleuts: Survivors of the Bering Land Bridge, 1st Edition
- William S. Laughlin University of Connecticut
- ISBN-10: 0534971199 | ISBN-13: 9780534971199
- 166 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1981
- © 2002 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $54.00
This unusual case study integrates vital data and interpretations to give a complete historical picture of the Aleuts, who have lived for 9,000 years in a remote and inhospitable part of the earth, and whose ancestors are connected with the original human inhabitants of the New World.
2. The Aleut People: Unangan.
3. Environment: The Aleut Ecosystem.
5. Ancient Village Life.
6. The Whale Swimming North: Anangula.
7. Chaluka: The Last 4000 Years of Aleut History.
8. The Use and Abuse of Mummies.
9. Words, Language, and Culture.
11. Modern Life in an Ancient Village.