The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and
application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
Part 1: FOUNDATIONS AND RESOURCES.
1. Historical Development and Some Basic Issues.
2. Theories of Career Development.
3. Career Counseling Models.
4. Integrating Career and Personal Counseling.
5. Career Counseling Intake Interview.
6. Using Standardized and Self-Assessment in Counseling.
7. The Impact of New Technology on Work, Career Development, and Learning Platforms.
8. On Being an Ethical Counselor.
Part 2: CAREER COUNSELING FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS.
9. Career Counseling for Multicultural Groups.
10. Gender Issues and Dual Careers.
11. Career Counseling for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Clients.
12. Career Counseling for Individuals with Disabilities.
Part 3: CAREER TRANSITIONS AND ADULT DEVELOPMENT CONCERNS.
13. Job Loss and Transitions.
14. Career Development and Transitions of Working Adults.
Part 4: CAREER COUNSELING IN EDUCATIONAL SETTINGS.
15. Career-Related Programs for Career Development in Elementary Schools.
16. Career-Related Programs for Career Development in Middle School.
17. Career-Related Programs for Career Development in High School and Beyond.