Cognitive Psychology, 6th Edition
- Robert J. Sternberg Cornell University
- ISBN-10: 1133313914 | ISBN-13: 9781133313915
- 640 Pages
- © 2012 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $221.75
- Newer Edition Available
COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY, Sixth Edition balances accessible writing, practical applications, and research scholarship while interweaving biology throughout the text. Utilizing the theme that human cognition has evolved over time as a means of adapting to our environment, the authors explore the basics of cognitive psychology by covering cognitive neuroscience, attention and consciousness, perception, memory, knowledge representation, language, problem solving and creativity, decision making and reasoning, cognitive development, and intelligence. The authors provide the most comprehensive coverage of any cognitive psychology text available, using a "from lab to life" approach that aptly discusses theory as well as lab and field research while continually highlighting the applications to everyday life.
1. Introduction to Cognitive Psychology.
2. Cognitive Neuroscience.
3. Visual Perception.
4. Attention and Consciousness.
5. Memory: Models and Research Methods.
6. Memory Processes.
7. The Landscape of Memory: Mental Images, Maps, and Propositions.
8. The Organization of Knowledge in the Mind.
10. Language in Context.
11. Problem Solving and Creativity.
12. Decision Making and Reasoning.