Philosophy of Religion in a Global Perspective, 1st Edition
- Gary E. Kessler California State University, Bakersfield
- ISBN-10: 053450549X | ISBN-13: 9780534505493
- 608 Pages
- © 1999 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $169.50
This anthology on philosophy of religion is unique in that it reflects the multicultural and global realities of religious pluralism. In addition to readings dealing with Judeo Christianity, Kessler includes Native American, African, Hindu, Islamic, Confucian, and Taoist thought. Feminist, African-American, atheist, and Latin American viewpoints are also included.
Introduction: What Is Philosophy of Religion?
1. What is Religion?
2. Diverse Views of Ultimate Reality.
3. Can We Prove that Some Kind of Ultimate Reality Exists?
4. Religious Experience: What Is It and What Does It Prove?
5. Why Do Suffering and Evil Occur?
6. How Are Religion and Morality Related?
7. Are We Immortal?
8. What Is the Meaning of Religious Language?
9. Do Faith and Reason Conflict?
10. Humanism, Science, And Miracles.
11. Are All Religions True?