INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL PRACTICE MANAGEMENT uses a unique, two-tiered approach in each unit to help students become successful managers in any medical office setting. The first chapter in each unit introduces students to the basics of medical practice management and the roles of each staff member within the healthcare facility, The second chapter of each unit covers the skills and responsibilities of the manager in relation to the topics being covered. From personnel management to compliance with regulatory agencies, students must first understand the fundamentals of managing the medical office in order to develop the expertise they need to successfully teach staff, train new personnel, and audit procedures that occur in daily practices. Numerous examples of letters, procedural policies, and forms are included for hands-on learning. Students will also have the opportunity to practice the skills they are learning as they create their own practice with the Think Like a Manager feature at the end of each unit and the accompanying templates provided in the back of the book.
Table of Contents
Unit One: Medical Personnel.
1. Fundamentals: Medical Personnel.
2. Managing: Medical Personnel.
Unit Two: Human Resources.
3. Fundamentals: Human Resources.
4. Managing: Human Resources.
Unit Three: The Revenue Cycle.
5. Fundamentals: The Revenue Cycle.
6. Managing: The Revenue Cycle.
Unit Four: Medical Records.
7. Fundamentals: Medical Records.
8. Managing: Medical Records.
Unit Five: Audits.
9. Fundamentals: Audits.
10. Managing: Audits.
Unit Six: Compliance with Regulatory Agencies.
11. Fundamentals: Compliance with Regulatory Agencies.
12. Managing: Compliance with Regulatory Agencies.
Unit Seven: Advertising and Marketing.
13. Fundamentals: Advertising and Marketing.
14. Managing: Advertising and Marketing.
Appendix A: Create Your Practice.
Appendix B: Templates for Create Your Practice.
Appendix C: Common Medical Abbreviations.
Appendix D: Medical Specialties and Specialists.