TREATMENT RESOURCE MANUAL FOR SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY, Fifth Edition, is an ideal text for students entering a clinical practicum or preparing for certification and licensure, as well as practicing professionals who need a thorough guide to reliable intervention materials. This detailed, evidence-based text includes complete coverage of common disorder characteristics, treatment approaches, information reporting techniques, and patient profiles across a wide range of child and adult client populations. In addition, the text contains a wealth of practical resources, including information on intervention strategies, goals, and techniques, as well as forms available in digital format for easy duplication and customization to specific experiences.
The Fifth Edition features extensive new and updated material to reflect recent developments in the field and current evidence-based best practices. Two new chapters are dedicated to communication deficits in patients with autism or traumatic brain injury, both rapidly growing client populations. Additional updates include discussion of the impact of Common Core Standards on school-based interventions and the reaction-to-intervention (RTI) instructional model, new documentation trends such as self-reporting, expanded coverage of "telepractice," and new information on group therapy strategies. Widely respected this is a must-have resource for Speech-Language Pathology students and professionals.
Table of Contents
Part I: PREPARING FOR EFFECTIVE INTERVENTION.
1. The Essential Ingredients of Good Therapy: Basic Skills.
2. Information Reporting Systems and Techniques.
Part II: PROVIDING TREATMENT FOR COMMUNICATION DISORDERS.
3. Intervention for Articulation and Phonology in Children.
4. Intervention for Language in Infants and Preschool Children.
5. Intervention for Language in School-Age Children through Adolescence.
6. AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD)Incidence.
7. Intervention for Adult Aphasia (with Introduction to Traumatic Brain Injury).
8. Intervention for Motor Speech Disorders: The Dysarthrias, Apraxia of Speech, and Dsyphagia.
9. Intervention for Fluency.
10. Intervention for Voice and Alaryngeal Speech.
11. Client and Family Counseling.
12. Multicultural Issues in Intervention.
Appendix A: Code of Ethics.
Appendix B: International Phonetic Alphabet Symbols.
Appendix C: Multicultural Tables.