Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols is a critical resource for skin care professionals interested in expanding their current knowledge and technical skills, whether a long-term practitioner learning new techniques and technologies, or students learning beyond the fundamentals. This text includes interviews with professionals spanning four decades of esthetic education and experiences in a variety of settings ranging from travel and tourism, salons and spas to the medical office.
The global population's interest in appearance continues to drive the skin care market. As a result, the demand for highly trained skin care professionals serving in a variety of environments has increased. Skin Care Practices and Clinical Protocols serves as an invaluable working resource in the classroom, the treatment room and the meeting room.
Table of Contents
2. Education: The Foundation of Esthetics.
3. Infection Prevention Guidelines for Estheticians: The CDC, OSHA, and HIPAA
4. Enzyme, Chemical, and Layering Peels.
5. Technology-Focused Facials and Treatments.
6. Medical Practices.
7. The Business of Esthetics
8. Products and Positioning Products in your Business.