Digital Moviemaking, 7th Edition
- Lynne S. Gross California State University, Fullerton
- ISBN-10: 0495570508 | ISBN-13: 9780495570509
- 304 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2007, 2004, 2000
- © 2009 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $197.25
DIGITAL MOVIEMAKING guides students of any level through the technical and aesthetic aspects of moviemaking by highlighting the decisions that are made throughout the creative process as well as the strategies filmmakers develop to bring their vision to life. Throughout the text, author Lynn S. Gross emphasizes the directorial and storytelling functions of narrative film and beyond—from the forethought and care required for each facet of production to the technical information that anyone engaged in making movies should know. This edition reflects the rapidly-evolving nature of digital cinema, with new information on cutting-edge equipment, techniques, and formats that places students at the forefront of moviemaking today.
1. Overview of Moviemaking.
2. Planning the Movie.
4. Approaches to Image Capturing.
6. Approaches to Lighting.
7. Microphones and Recorders.
8. Approaches to Sound Recording.
11. Approaches to Editing.
12. Enhanced Sound and Picture.
13. Approaches to Enhanced Sound and Picture.
14. The Final Stages of Moviemaking.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Available through the companion website or your local sales rep, the Instructor's Manual provides chapter by chapter summaries, as well as an array of useful multiple choice and true/false test questions.