The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and
application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
SECTION 1: INTRODUCTION TO SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY.
1. Orientation to Surgical Technology.
2. Legal Concepts, Risk Management, and Ethical Issues.
3. The Surgical Patient.
4. Special Populations.
5. Physical Environment and Safety Standards.
SECTION 2: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY.
6. Biomedical Science.
7. Preventing Perioperative Disease Transmission.
8. Hemostasis, Emergency Situations, and All-Hazards Preparation.
9. Surgical Pharmacology and Anesthesia.
10. Instrumentation, Equipment, and Supplies.
11. Wound Healing, Sutures, Needles, and Stapling Devices.
12. Surgical Case Management.
SECTION 3. SURGICAL PROCEDURES.
13. Diagnostic Procedures.
14. General Surgery.
15. Obstetric and Gynecological Surgery.
16. Ophthalmic Surgery.
17. Otorhinolaryngologic Surgery.
18. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
19. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
20. Genitourinary Surgery.
21. Orthopedic Surgery.
22. Cardiothoracic Surgery.
23. Peripheral Vascular Surgery.