Public Administration in the New Century: A Concise Introduction, 1st Edition
- Jeffrey D. Greene University of Montana
- ISBN-10: 0534553435 | ISBN-13: 9780534553432
- 448 Pages
- © 2005 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $149.00
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION IN THE NEW CENTURY: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF PUBLIC MANAGEMENT provides a solid introduction into the fundamental areas of public administration, blending theory with practice in a way that helps students apply theoretical models to the real world in an engaging format. While more concise than other books, the complexities and breadth of the field and discipline of public administration are thoroughly covered, including the history of the discipline, bureaucracy, organizational theory and behavior, public budgeting, personnel administration, public policy, and ethics.
1. Understanding Public Administration: The Accomplishing Side of Government.
2. Studying Public Administration: An Overview of the Discipline.
4. Fundamentals of Organizational Theory and Management.
5. Basics of Public Personnel Administration.
6. An Overview of Public Budgeting.
7. Basics of Public Policy.
8. Public Administration and Issues Relating to Government Performance.
9. Ethics and Public Administration.