9-11: Aftershocks of the Attack, 2nd Edition
- Jeremy D. Mayer George Mason University
- ISBN-10: 0495130990 | ISBN-13: 9780495130994
- 76 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2003
- © 2006 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $23.25
A revision of our best selling supplement for American Government focusing on the events and aftermath of the 9/11 attacks on American Politics and Government, this second edition focuses on political & policy fallout from the attacks. Analysis in this topical booklet covers continuing effects of the attack on the media, Congress, the presidency, the courts, & policy outcomes, including 9/11 commission hearings, the war in Iraq, & the 2004 elections. Furthermore, this short, topical text is well grounded in historical context, considering how other major crises have been handled. Other areas typically covered in an American government course, such as the religion and public opinion are emphasized as well. Free when bundled.
Introduction. 9-11: Aftershocks of the Attack.
1. The President in Crisis: Challenge and Opportunity.
2. Congress in Crisis: Deference and Dissent.
3. Civil Liberties in Crisis: An Altered Balance.
4. Public Opinion in Crisis: Rally 'Round Whose Flag?
5. 9-11 and the Elections of 2002 and 2004: Was Al Qaeda on the Ballot.
6. After the Aftermath: Return to Normalcy or Ongoing Crisis?