COMPREHENSIVE EXAM REVIEW FOR THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, 2E is an essential book for your students as they prepare to take the Pharmacy Technician National Certification Exam. Essential material summaries provide a concentrated review of the topics covered on the National Certification Exam. Chapters are completely reorganized for improved mastery of information, with each chapter ending with a multiple-choice quiz to reinforce the review material. Chapters are structured to help your students assess their knowledge of the topic areas covered on the exam. Eight comprehensive self-examinations, each with 120 questions, are written in the certification exam style to provide a realistic test-taking experience.
Answers for all of the quizzes and tests are included at the back of the book to facilitate self-directed study. To provide even more practice for your students, COMPREHENSIVE EXAM REVIEW FOR THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, 2E includes a CD-ROM with an additional 600 multiple-choice questions, along with the option to create an unlimited number of comprehensive exams.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
1. Pharmacy Technicians and Professional Organizations.
2. Pharmacy Law and Ethics for Technicians.
3. Pharmaceutical Terminology and Abbreviations.
4. Structures and Functions of Body Systems.
5. Common Disorders and Conditions.
6. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration.
7. Pharmacy Calculations and Mathematics.
8. Biopharmaceutics and Factors Affecting Drug Activity.
9. Pharmacology Related to Various Body Systems.
SECTION II: ASSISTING THE PHARMACIST IN VARIOUS SETTINGS.
10. Safety in the Workplace.
11. Hospital Pharmacy.
12. Community Pharmacy.
13. Advanced Pharmacy.
14. The Roles and Duties of Pharmacy Technicians.
15. Sterile and Non-sterile Compounding.
SECTION III: ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PHARMACY PRACTICE.
16. Policies and Procedures.
17. Management of Pharmacy Operations.
18. Financial Management and Health Insurance.
19. Computer Technology.
20. Inventory Control.
Appendix A: Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination.
Appendix B: State Boards of Pharmacy.
Appendix C: Professional Organizations.
Appendix D: Vitamins.