The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and
application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
SECTION 1. THE LIVESTOCK INDUSTRY.
1. Domestication and Importance of Livestock.
2. Career Opportunities in Animal Science.
3. Safety in Livestock Production.
4. Livestock and the Environment.
SECTION 2. ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, FEEDING, AND NUTRITION.
5. Anatomy, Physiology, and Absorption of Nutrients.
6. Feed Nutrients.
7. Feed Additives and Growth Promotants.
8. Balancing Rations.
SECTION 3. ANIMAL BREEDING.
9. Genetics of Animal Breeding.
10. Animal Reproduction.
11. Biotechnology in Livestock Production.
12. Animal Breeding Systems.
SECTION 4. BEEF CATTLE.
13. Breeds of Beef Cattle.
14. Selection and Judging of Beef.
15. Feeding and Management of the Cow-Calf Herd.
16. Feeding and Management of Feeder Cattle.
17. Diseases and Parasites of Beef Cattle.
18. Beef Housing and Equipment.
19. Marketing Beef.
SECTION 5. SWINE.
20. Breeds of Swine.
21. Selection and Judging of Swine.
22. Feeding and Management of Swine.
23. Diseases and Parasites of Swine.
24. Swine Housing and Equipment.
25. Marketing Swine.
SECTION 6. SHEEP AND GOATS.
26. Breeds and Selection of Sheep.
27. Feeding, Management, and Housing of Sheep.
28. Selection, Feeding, and Management of Goats.
29. Diseases and Parasites of Sheep and Goats.
30. Marketing Sheep and Goats.
SECTION 7. HORSES.
31. Selection of Horses.
32. Feeding, Management, Housing, and Tack.
33. Diseases and Parasites of Horses.
34. Training and Horsemanship.
SECTION 8. POULTRY.
35. Selection of Poultry.
36. Feeding, Management, Housing, and Equipment.
37. Diseases and Parasites of Poultry.
38. Marketing Poultry and Eggs.
SECTION 9. DAIRY CATTLE.
39. Breeds of Dairy Cattle.
40. Selecting and Judging Dairy Cattle.
41. Feeding Dairy Cattle.
42. Management of the Dairy Herd.
43. Milking Management.
44. Dairy Herd Health.
45. Dairy Housing and Equipment.
46. Marketing Milk.
SECTION 10. ALTERNATIVE ANIMALS.
48. Bison, Ratites, Llamas, Alpacas, and Elk.