ESSENTIALS OF MARKETING RESEARCH, 6E, provides a concise, yet complete guide to the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of marketing research to support smart business decisions. Covering essential principles and techniques in a streamlined, engaging way, the text equips students with the core knowledge and skills needed to manage marketing research effectively. This proven text provides valuable business context while introducing both traditional research methods, such as designing questionnaires, and the latest technological advances, including current data collection devices, basic data analysis tools, practical approaches to data analytics, and the impact of social media and artifactual online data. Designed specifically for instructors who prefer a concise introduction to marketing research topics, the Sixth Edition of this trusted text features updates based on recent trends and technology, including an increased emphasis on ethical and international issues, reflecting their growing importance in modern marketing research.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. The Role of Marketing Research.
2. Information Systems, Big Data and Knowledge Management.
3. The Marketing Research Process.
4. The Human Side of Marketing Research: Organizational and Ethical Issues.
Part II: DESIGNING RESEARCH STUDIES.
5. Qualitative Research.
6. Secondary Data Research in a Digital Age.
7. Survey Research.
9. Conducting Marketing Experiments.
Part III: MEASUREMENT.
10. Measurement and Attitude Scaling.
11. Questionnaire Design.
Part IV: SAMPLING AND STATISTICAL THEORY.
12. Sampling Designs and Sampling Procedures.
13. Determination of Sample Size: A Review of Statistical Theory.
Part V: ANALYSIS AND REPORTING.
14. Basic Data Analysis: Making Statistical Inferences.
15. Testing for Differences Between Groups and for Relationships Among Variables.
Appendix A: Communicating Research Results.
Appendix B: Statistical Tables.
Part VI: COMPREHENSIVE CASES WITH COMPUTERIZED DATABASES AND SEMESTER PROJECT.