ECG Practical Application Pocket Reference Guide is an easy to use, comprehensive reference tool for use by all levels of clinicians, EMS providers, educators and any students of electrocardiography related to patient care. With its easy to use chapter design both students and practicing professionals can use this pocket guide to quickly obtain the answer to many commonly encountered arrhythmias, their ECG characteristics, signs and symptoms and proposed interventions on the job. This pocket guide includes medication profiles, a list of related abbreviations, a quick review of assessment and interventions and normal ranges and variations in the adult ECG. The organization of this reference guide continually reminds users that the ECG shows us the clues, not the disease.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents.
1. Assessment of the Cardiac Patient.
2. The Electrocardiogram.
3. Complications and Management of the Cardiac Patient.
4. Medications, Electrolytes and the ECG.
5. Sinus Rhythm and the Sinus Arrhythmias.
6. Junctional Rhythm and the Junctional Arrhythmias.
7. Atrial Ectopy and the Atrial Arrhythmias.
8. Ventricular Ectopy, Ventricular Arrhythmias, Asystole and Pulseless Electrical Activity.
9. AV Conduction Defects.
10. Electronic Pacemakers.
11. Arrhythmias due to Abnormal Conduction Pathways.
12. Myocardial Infarction.
13. Intraventricular Conduction Defects.
14. Chamber Enlargement and Hypertrophy.
15. Arrhythmias in Pediatric Patients.
Appendix A: Medication Profiles.
Appendix B: Emergency Cardiac Care Guidelines.
Appendix C: Quick Review of Assessment and Interventions.
Appendix D: Glossary.
Appendix E: List of Abbreviations.