Wahlen/Baginski/Bradshaw FINANCIAL REPORTING, FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS, AND VALUATION, 8E is a balanced, flexible, and complete book written with the premise that students learn financial statement analysis most effectively by performing the analysis on real-world companies. Students learn to integrate the concepts from economics, finance, business strategy, accounting, and other business disciplines through the integration of a unique six-step process. New to this edition, chapters now include quick checks after each section so that students can be sure that they have obtained the key insights after reading each section.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Analysis, and Valuation.
2. Asset and Liability Valuation and Income Recognition.
3. Income Flows versus Cash Flows: Understanding the Statement of Cash Flows.
4. Profitability Analysis.
5. Risk Analysis.
6. Financing Activities.
7. Investing Activities.
8. Operating Activities.
9. Accounting Quality.
10. Forecasting Financial Statements.
11. Risk-Adjusted Expected Rates of Return and the Dividends Valuation Approach.
12. Valuation: Cash-Flow Based Approaches.
13. Valuation: Earnings-Based Approaches.
14. Valuation: Market-Based Approaches.
Appendix A: Financial Statements and Notes for PepsiCo, Inc. and Subsidiaries.
Appendix B (online): Management's Discussion and Analysis for PepsiCo, Inc. and Subsidiaries.
Appendix C (online): Financial Statement Analysis Package (FSAP).
Appendix D (online): Financial Statement Ratios: Descriptive Statistics by Industry and by Year.