Ready to explore music composition, recording, podcasting, audio/video blogging, remixing/mashing, sound design for video editing or DVD creation, or learning to play the guitar or piano with GarageBand? Great! This book will show you how. GarageBand is one of the most powerful and user-friendly tools available for capturing, manipulating, and sharing audio, and the best part is, it comes free with your Mac! Although GarageBand has always been easy to use, it provides an amazing amount of power and sophistication to users who really want to dig in and get the most out of it. This book covers all the newest features of the most recent version of GarageBand. Through the use of screenshots, tutorials, creative
jumping-off points, real-world examples, and a conversational tone, this book will teach you how to use GarageBand to create music, record and publish podcasts, or even score your own movie. Whether you're just starting out with audio creation, or you are already familiar with GarageBand and simply want to take your skills to the next level, GarageBand '11 Power! is for you.
Table of Contents
1. Software Installation and Getting Connected.
2. Choosing Your Project Type.
3. GarageBand Preferences and the User Interface.
4. Working with Tracks.
5. Recording and Editing Real Instruments and Electric Guitar Tracks.
6. Recording with Software Instruments.
7. Working with Apple Loops.
8. Magic GarageBand Jam Walkthrough.
11. Mixing and Automation.
12. Sharing and Archiving Your GarageBand Projects.
13. GarageBand Learn to Play Music Lessons.
Appendix A: GarageBand Jam Packs.
Appendix B: GarageBand '11 Keyboard Shortcuts.