Using real-world examples of ethical issues in the workplace, BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL ETHICS, 7E provides students with the strategies needed to make the most ethical decisions possible--no matter what the situation. By integrating the latest information on ethics, governance scandals, legal liability, and professional accounting and audit issues, this text highlights the most recent ethical issues in today's business environment. The text examines the background and nature of the new stakeholder-support era of corporate and professional accountability and governance, offering valuable insights into the development of sound patterns of behavior on the part of directors, executives, and accountants. Over 120 current cases and key readings provide an interesting, challenging, and practical learning experience. Intriguing real-world situations equip students with an understanding of appropriate values, ethical pitfalls, applicable codes of conduct, and sound ethical reasons where codes do not apply.
Table of Contents
1. Ethics Expectations.
2. Ethics & Governance Scandals.
3. Philosophers' Contributions.
4. Practical Ethical Decision Making.
5. Corporate Ethical Governance & Accountability.
6. Professional Accounting in the Public Interest, Post-Enron.
7. Managing Ethics Ricks & Opportunities.
8. Subprime Lending Fiasco--Ethics Issues.