Present the latest updates to the manufacturing and control paradigm, including the challenges and opportunities posed by supply chain management and sustainability trends, with Benton's SUPPLY CHAIN FOCUSED MANUFACTURING & PLANNING CONTROL. This unique text offers a new approach for your course as the book parallels the objective of supply-chain focused manufacturing planning and control systems within businesses today. The author uses his extensive expertise and an abundance of actual examples to skillfully demonstrate how successful businesses design products to be manufactured at the right time, in the right quantities, and following quality specifications in the most cost-efficient manner.
Table of Contents
2. Forecasting Demand.
3. Sales and Operations Planning/Aggregate Production Planning.
4. Master Production Planning.
5. Supply Chain Focused Inventory Management.
6. Materials Requirements Planning/Push Production Systems.
7. JIT/Lean Production/Pull Production Systems.
8. Push and Pull Production Systems.
9. Capacity Requirements Planning.
10. Production Planning and Control for Remanufacturing.
11. Managing the Outsourcing Planning and Control System.
12. Executing the Manufacturing Planning and Control System.
Appendix A: Quantity Discounts and Supply Chain Integration.
Appendix B: Glossary for Manufacturing Planning and Control Definitions.